If you’re looking for a few ideas or five on how to celebrate National Seafood Month, I got you covered.
5 Ways To Celebrate National Seafood Month:
- Buy sustainable seafood. Don’t know what that is? Simply put—sustainable seafood is plentiful and is caught or farmed in a responsible way.
- Make Seafood Watch your go-to resource for which species of seafood to buy. SW guides help you make better seafood choices so we have healthier oceans. Download the Seafood Watch app now!
- Buy your sustainable seafood from a local fisherman or from a trusted source, like a Community Supported Fishery (CSF), your local farmers market, online, or shop at one of the big-box groceries that have a committed sustainable seafood program.
- When eating out, ask your server “Is that sustainable seafood?” Ask where the fish was caught and how it was caught.
- Learn which seafood species are plentiful. Teach your children the importance of making ocean-friendly seafood choices, that it’s for their future and the future of our oceans.
Need a few sustainable seafood recipe ideas?
I got you covered.
Get my free ecookbook, Amazing Sustainable Seafood, filled with 10 sustainable seafood recipes, plus buying and cooking tips when you sign up for my monthly updates.