My Top Ten Podcast Playlist
Do you listen to podcasts?
If you don’t, no worries. I didn’t plug into my first podcast until 2016. I don’t remember which one. Probably WTF with Marc Maron Podcast because I did a Google search for “best podcasts” or something like that.
Since that first time, not only am I an avid listener, I launched my own podcast, Green Fish Blue Oceans. And I have become a more experienced listener you might say.
But that doesn’t mean much, I know. Mostly, I love the inclusiveness listening to a podcast brought to my world. The Writing Life is a solitary life. But when I plug into a good podcast, I’m no longer alone.
So what podcasts do I listen to?
Here’s what’s in my buds these days.
- Terrestrial. This new on the scene podcast explores all things eco-related and the choices we make. It asks questions like, Do you have eco-anxiety? And Did you consider the environment when you decided to have kids?
- Warm Regards. All things climate change and our warming planet. Need I say more?
- Dear Sugars. Love, drama, and answers to the most difficult dysfunctional issues in our lives.
- Writing Excuses. It is a short, snappy, and solutions-driven podcast for writers, including a writing prompt at the end of each episode.
- The Manuscript Academy. Authors, editors, agent interviews, and publishing tips.
- This American Life. Two words. One man. Ira Glass.
- TED Talks Daily. ‘Nuff said.
- Dirty John. A true-life crime story spun like fiction.
- On Point. A deep dive on current events from politics to food to the future of electric cars to the consequences of declining local journalism.
- Lastly, my very own podcast. Natch. Green Fish Blue Oceans, where stories about seafood are good for you and the oceans. Because if I don’t listen, neither will you.